Thank you for trusting me to serve as your councilmember. I’m the mother of three children, wife of a small business owner, homeowner, and an attorney.
I share your desire to build a strong and resilient financial foundation for a clean, green, and safe community. As a member of your City Council, I have supported:
- Funding capital improvements for sewers, streets, sidewalks, storm drains, and South Park
- Earmarking new, non-resident tax revenues to fund fire station improvements
- Allocating additional resources to our police department
- Establishing the citywide smoking ban, and enforcing the existing ban on short term vacation rentals in residential zones
- Ending the costly, decades-long threat of litigation from oil companies
- Business friendly measures: approving A-frame signs, extending holiday parking hours, and cleaning up the downtown
I am prepared to deal with the important decisions connected with the transition to a vastly improved fire service, the protection and preservation of open space, the proposed downtown hotel, and other private and public improvements.
I will continue to build consensus on city council while working with residents and business owners alike to move the city forward.
I respectfully ask for your vote.
Some of my work and recognition:
- City Councilmember, 2016-present
- 2017 Woman of Distinction, California Assembly District 66
- 2015 Leadership Hermosa Emerging Leader Award recipient
- 2015 Woman of the Year, California Senate District 26
- Stop Hermosa Beach Oil, chairperson
- Hermosa School District parent
- California Women’s Law Center, board member
- BreastfeedLA, board treasurer
- Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA, parent advisory council member
Thank you for your support.
I Endorse Stacey For City Council Because…
She has a stellar record for being an active community member and leader in Hermosa Beach. It is important to me that she is against oil and that she served as Chairperson for Stop Hermosa Beach Oil. I also love that she is a HBCSD parent as we are facing a critical time with our school district regarding overcrowding and aging facilities. You don't just get the 2015 Woman of the Year, California Senate District 26 award unless you are a truly special leader. We are lucky to have Stacey Armato and she is a no brainer to be elected to our City Council!
I first met Stacey during the early stages of our fight to keep oil wells out of our city, and I was immediately impressed by her intelligence, dedication, and exceptional work ethic. Stacy uses her wit and charm to persuade and to lead, and she is not afraid of a fight (e.g., in addition to the No On O campaign, Stacey took on the TSA over breast feeding and won a substantial settlement). Stacey is also a dedicated wife and mother, and a very hard-working lawyer. I value her judgment and I trust her implicitly! Stacey Armato is exactly the sort of person I want to represent me as a member of the Hermosa Beach City Council.