Thank you for trusting me to serve as your councilmember. I’m the mother of three children, wife of a small business owner, homeowner, and an attorney.
I share your desire to build a strong and resilient financial foundation for a clean, green, and safe community. As a member of your City Council, I have supported:
- Funding capital improvements for sewers, streets, sidewalks, storm drains, and South Park
- Earmarking new, non-resident tax revenues to fund fire station improvements
- Allocating additional resources to our police department
- Establishing the citywide smoking ban, and enforcing the existing ban on short term vacation rentals in residential zones
- Ending the costly, decades-long threat of litigation from oil companies
- Business friendly measures: approving A-frame signs, extending holiday parking hours, and cleaning up the downtown
I am prepared to deal with the important decisions connected with the transition to a vastly improved fire service, the protection and preservation of open space, the proposed downtown hotel, and other private and public improvements.
I will continue to build consensus on city council while working with residents and business owners alike to move the city forward.
I respectfully ask for your vote.
Some of my work and recognition:
- City Councilmember, 2016-present
- 2017 Woman of Distinction, California Assembly District 66
- 2015 Leadership Hermosa Emerging Leader Award recipient
- 2015 Woman of the Year, California Senate District 26
- Stop Hermosa Beach Oil, chairperson
- Hermosa School District parent
- California Women’s Law Center, board member
- BreastfeedLA, board treasurer
- Mattel Children’s Hospital UCLA, parent advisory council member
Thank you for your support.
I Endorse Stacey For City Council Because…
Stacey is our very own unicorn. She possesses that rare combination of intelligence, leadership skills, and vision all guided by a strong moral compass. Stacey inspired the residents of this town to join together to protect what we value and I know she will continue to help us keep Hermosa, hermosa.
Her energy and passion for staying involved with issues and people inspires me. She has demonstrated her commitment to showing up and working to support important issues ( like banning oil drilling, or promoting breast feeding), and will no doubt continue to make thoughtful contributions as a City Council woman.